Monday, October 8, 2012

Sleeping & Dreaming

This morning I had a very fun dream. The past few days I've pulled Walt into bed with us since he doesn't sleep very well after he wakes up to eat at 2am. At least when we co-sleep that means I get to sleep too. I worry about him cuddling next to me sometimes so I'll hold him on my chest and we'll sleep like that for a while.

At some point this morning I was dreaming... and for some reason a lot of my dreams lately are about leaving the baby. I'll have the monitor with me so I know when he wakes up, but I'll be miles away, 30 minutes away... this time I was hanging out with friends and they told me I left the baby by himself at home. I said, no, I don't think I did, because the last time I was with him we were sleeping in bed together and I was holding him. I said, I think I'm dreaming, and soon I'll wake up. I think it was Jenna who then performed a magic trick, and I knew I was in a dream. I tried sifting through the layers of dream world, and eventually the weight on my arm grew heavier, until indeed I did wake up with Walter on my chest.

I love when I know I'm dreaming in my dreams. It is a very strange feeling. It is a powerful feeling.

Boy do I like getting sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment