Saturday, July 7, 2012

Summer Garden Thanksgiving

I like Thanksgiving dinner as much as the next person, but there is something special about Summer Thanksgiving. It's a dinner of such a variety that it seems like a Thanksgiving meal, but it's not quite as heavy a fare.

Last night Dave and I drove to Anniston, AL to spend the night with his aunt and cousins. It was very relaxing, and I really enjoyed the king size bed. I love cuddling my husband, but a king bed is glorious! And he didn't want 5 of the 6 pillows, so I was in a feathery, luxurious cocoon the whole night. Me and baby boy loved it! That must be why I dreamed my labor was so short I didn't have time to even call my doula to join us... but then baby turned into a cat. And I was worried the cat was an adult and not a kitten!

Dinner was deliciously homegrown: tomatoes, peppers, corn, potatoes, squash casserole, ham, chicken, green beans... was that it? And then an Edy's fruit popsicle of only 25 calories!

Then we got showered with baby gifts. Some new, some used... we're very lucky to have family who have had boys and no longer need their baby stuff! Anniston is a very peaceful place to be. And not that long a drive. I think we will be returning often so scooter can spend time with his family and older cousins (two boys ages 2 and 6 mo.)

1 comment:

  1. Any pictures from the Anniston trip? Did my sister behave? Jan and I are relegated to the downstairs "freezer room" when we visit. Why are you so lucky to get a King bed there?!! Remember, we ALWAYS give you a king bed at Longboat Key.

    ReplyDelete