Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Showering the Baby

My aunt (my mom's youngest sister) threw the most beautiful baby shower for me this Sunday. In the midst of my cousin's wedding preparations, my aunt put a lot of thought and effort into making a splendid event for me (and my friends and family). I know baby showers aren't always the most fun, but I had fun! We played a couple games (the non-mommies beat the mommies in baby trivia!), one of which was guessing how big my belly is. Thank goodness I'm pregnant or that wouldn't have been a fun game! The food was delicious and all hand prepared by my aunt and my cousin, whom I think was her happy little helper for the weekend. And so many people showed up and sent gifts to celebrate little baby Johnston! It was truly amazing, and I feel blessed to have such people in my life. This is more of a gushing post, but I just can't help it.

Look at that loot!

3 comments:

  1. WHAT?! Nothing about the exiled guy in the basement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I was so overwhelmed while writing this that I couldn't remember all the funny stuff that happened! The dog was down there too :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete