Sunday, June 3, 2012

Picture Time


Today is my first official day of my third trimester! Baby has been celebrating by being awake and moving around a lot this weekend. The garden celebrated by producing tons of fruit: strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. The blueberries trickle in. We might have enough for 1 1/2 blueberry pancakes. This weekend has been great weather-wise. Temps in the 70s, nice breezes, sunny... today is a little downcast, but that's OK since I need some rest. I feel a little empty in terms of energy. I love running around being busy, but it takes its toll on me since I started growing another human being inside of me. I really enjoy my weekends with David. We have a great time together and with family and friends. It can be nice to be getting stuff accomplished with him and slowing down just to enjoy some relaxation time.

The nursery is almost complete. We need a diaper pail and to hang pictures... oh yeah, and the baby! I can't wait til he gets here!


The crib we ordered online and put together. The tiger is a stuffed animal I've had since high school. The rocking chair was in Dave's family that we refurbished to look nice again and be sturdy. The table by the window was the craft table David used to play on as a child. We got the chest of drawers from a used furniture store called Boomerang. The lady there finds great deals and then retouches the furniture if it needs a facelift. Someone let some naughty kitten in the room while I was trying to take pictures.

Our beautiful changing table was a present from my mother. The couch has been in Dave's family for a while (I believe it used to be at their mountain home). We need a new bookshelf (that thing will probably fall on the child at some point if we don't replace it), but the books are old and new from my childhood and beyond... The walls are freshly painted thanks to our friend/master craftsman Gary, and that cute little elephant chalkboard was a wonderful find at Desperate Housewares, my favorite place to shop for all things household besides Tuesday Morning. The gay guys who run that place are fantastic. Also, can you see the magnificent new carpet? Doesn't it look deliciously soft and perfect??



1 comment:

  1. Can't we photoshop Scooter's ultrasound into his new room?
    Do your REALLY know how your and David's life is going to change?!!
    Do you promise not to have post partum depression?

    ReplyDelete