Friday, June 22, 2012

Lane Peaches


I am convinced that the only type of peach to consume is from the Lane peach farm... driving back from Ponte Vedra this week my father graciously stopped any time I wanted to let me use the bathroom... and we actually used rest stops (Dave and I always pull off to a gas station, which doesn't really make much sense when you think of the purpose/ease of rest areas). Well, the one inside the border of Georgia of course had information about peaches and was featuring Lane peaches. Turns out I was already a fan. I had bought several early peaches this year, and all were horrendous & mealy or would never ripen... but when I would babysit, Kim would have delicious peaches and they were the Lane brand. So I went searching for those specifically, and not one has disappointed me. Then I pick up a brochure from the rest stop stand, and Lane has a giant farm with peaches, strawberries, pecans, and pumpkins... They feature homemade ice cream, family fun, July 4th events, a corn maze in October, and so much more! I am terribly excited that I already have a little scooter on the way so that I have an excuse to drag David south of Macon to attend these events.

Baby boy is getting so big that now he sticks his feet in my rib cage, the purpose of which I am sure is to tickle me from the inside, which I can do nothing about! Last weekend I was feeling some intense pelvic pressure, making it a little hard to walk at times, but luckily he must have shifted positions cause now I only get it if I sit in one spot too long. He hiccups almost every day; he must be getting really ready to breathe on his own! I read somewhere that they can cry in the womb, but I'm sure he's not doing that. What could he possibly be sad about? The fact that he has to wait until next year to watch the next season of Mad Men?

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog while trying to figure out where Diane went! I am not due for another 20 weeks, but it is stressful not knowing with who you are delivering with. This is baby #6 for me, and I have had 3 previous homebirths. If you find out where she has gone, please let me know! I much prefer to deliver with a midwife than a doctor. Yes the doc there is nice but he is not a midwife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I went to the doctor today, and what I was told was that the hospital fired her, basically. No better details than that, which is kind of strange. GfG is in the process of finding another midwife, but they are unsure when they will officially hire one. I think if you have some time to wait it out, you will probably be happy with their choice. I don't know if they'll get someone by my due date though, so I've been looking around elsewhere. I agree with you about wanting a midwife and not just a doctor. Which three were your homebirths? I would love to do a homebirth; maybe next time. What made you go back to a hospital? There are other midwives at NF, but I have heard mixed reviews about them. My mother-in-law is a retired OB/gyn from Piedmont, and she's having me check out Judith Cox there. I will be meeting with her next week. I hope I like her and the doctors she practices with. Maybe with the next baby I will look into GfG again and meet their new midwife. I like the office and people there. I also live downtown, so that factors into my loyalty to them, unfortunately.

      Delete