Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Best Pre-Baby Vacation Ever

I know most people go on their "babymoon" as a second honeymoon, but I think Dave and I lucked out going to Ponte Vedra Beach with my dad. We stayed at the Sawgrass Marriott (think the Players tournament). It was a very nice hotel on a lagoon with access to the Cabana Beach Club. I'm pretty much ready to move down to Jacksonville and belong to that club. We sat on the beach all day, watching the Atlantic surf and feeling the breeze cool us off... plus a snack shack and large pool right there. We had a very funny time together, playing miniature golf, walking on the beach, stuffing our faces with delicious food, and watching the US Open.


We've actually been lucky enough to go on two beach vacations this year. Dave's parents took us to their beach house in Long Boat Key in March, where Jenna and Jacob met us for the weekend. We kayaked, did a puzzle, went to a Braves spring training game in Tampa, watched Ninja Warrior incessantly, and cooked delicious dinners. As it turns out, I like going on vacations with parents! Especially to the beach!


Sign me up any time there's an opportunity to see the water and be in the sun! Baby boy certainly enjoyed the relaxation time too... it'll be wonderful when three generations are playing in the sand!

No comments:

Post a Comment