Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Anniversary

Today is Dave's and my first anniversary! We celebrated in style. I picked him up at work to go to a Vietnamese restaurant near his office for lunch after my six month check up! Isn't the first anniversary present supposed to be paper, not a baby??? We might be quick about it, but we like it this way. Baby is doing great. His heart is mature, and he's probably close to a pound and a half... He better be gaining weight if I'm popping out every day like I feel like I am!

Tonight our parents, pastor, and a few close friends came over for cake and champagne to help us celebrate. These were the people who helped us the most for our wedding, and it was absolutely lovely to be able to be with them again one year later. I can't believe it's already been a year. I had the baker from PDC make us a small version of the cake (I don't eat year old cake though my in-laws saved our cake top all year for us), and I had a glass of pink champagne... baby liked it too!

Yesterday was Mother's Day... am I a mother already? I certainly have a child... not outside my body yet, but there is one that I take care of every day, he responds to his dad's voice, and he plays around in my belly... I appreciated the people who told me happy mother's day or happy mother-to-be day.

Having really nice friends and family makes me one happy mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment