Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday Evening Thoughts

Today at Costco this big lady rushes past me, Dave and baby shouting "Hey Walter!" and Dave and I look at each other confused and surprised until we see the sample guy with the name tag "Walter" peddling his goods next to us.

The weekend has gone wonderfully despite the death in our little family. That and my family has to convince me that overcooked pork and undercooked vegetables suffices as a decent meal. It never works out for me when I just throw things into a casserole dish and put it in the oven hoping it'll all come together perfectly. Or the crockpot. I have to have a decent recipe to make that device work.

It is inevitable that when I put on a coat or a pair of pants that hasn't been washed in awhile that I will find at least one tissue in one pocket... does this happen to anyone else? I'd like to blame this on winter-time but David would disagree. I blame instead the nose job I had as a 16 year old which left my nose health in shambles ever since.

My father in law likes reading my blog because he finds the in-person Katherine to be a little different (or a little less revealing) than blogger Katherine. I think this is always true when I write. I have some friends I've been completely different with via email and it is so much easier to write certain things down than to have to live them face-to-face. This is compounded by the internet being a haven for publicly shared private information. Perceived anonymity that is completely false.

I'm glad I'm not pregnant anymore so I can enjoy a glass of wine or two. That, a puzzle, a fire, and a movie with David is my idea of a good date night. Yes, we were already totally boring and ready to have children before we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment