Monday, August 13, 2012

Overheard

One night, when we were putting together the nursery:
Dave, to my belly: "Baby, tell me the truth, do you like your room, or your womb, better?"

At 38 weeks, when I told Dave that baby must have gotten some good sleep last night because he was moving around a lot today:
"That's because he's preparing the launch pad"

A friend, before he left town, said he'd call me around my due date and say, "Remember when you got pregnant and didn't have your baby yet?"

At the grocery store, obviously pregnant.
Lady bagging my groceries: "So, what are you having?"
Me: "For dinner tonight?"

~~~~~

In other news, baking was very difficult for me this weekend. I made some banana bread muffins, which I do quite frequently, and I left David in charge of pulling them out of the oven while I took a shower. They were undercooked. He didn't know the toothpick trick worked for more than brownies! And I'm not sure what the time limit is for sticking muffins back in the oven after they've cooled off.

I made some biscuits on Friday, having had a hankering after reading The Healing and eating my aunt's delicious biscuits on my birthday (and I got the leftovers!). I made two batches, very proud of myself for they looked very good. Until I was putting the flour back and saw that it expired August of... 2009. Whoops. They came out looking great but with a very, how should I say it, stale aftertaste.

The mysterious gentleman on the corner of Ponce and Briarcliff was there this morning on my way to work. He had his cane but this time was wearing a linen suit. Usually when he's dressed up he has a pocket watch he likes to look at.

I swear I can tell now when baby wiggles his fingers or toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment