Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Christmas Everywhere

We mailed out our Christmas cards yesterday. I love mailing out cards. A) because it's snail mail, which everyone loves to get if it's not a bill or some ad (why do people still spend money on that) and 2) because I get to unleash my inner creative in a mass mailing to all friends and family. Every major event is worthy of being noted in this way. And I only get better at it. In fact, people tell me that I could make money with my card designs. The funny thing is, I've had a creative design business for over a year, and I've only gotten a few takers! Companies like Shutterfly have me beat with ease of use, etc. But, I'm cheaper. And a small, local business. I do like Shutterfly though. Great product. Maybe next year I'll send out some flyer reminding people of my awesomeness and they'll flock to my website and beg me to design their personalized Christmas card/birth announcement/wedding thank yous... You name it, I'm interested in spending time on it.

Luckily, even though I'm a full time mama, my good friend Leslie has me working for her too. Strangely enough I like working on trucking compliance. You'd think it might be boring, but there is never-ending work for it. And I like knowing that I'm working in the same field as my husband (he does commercial transportation insurance... so he works with the truckers too but in a very different context. An unfortunate business; people just believe that if they've hit a truck they've won the lottery).

Anyway, I love all things Christmas. The bright lights, the red and green decorations, the present giving (this year I put a lot of thought into the few gifts I got people), the food, the family time, the cold weather (finally!). And of course, shooing away the cat from the tree unless she looks like this:

Christmas Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment